1. Choose the best word or words to complete this question: What ____ clothes do you wear?
2. Which of the following is NOT something we normally find in an office?
3. Choose the best word to complete this sentence: The police are rewriting ____ official manual.
4. Which of the following is NOT a correct way to finish a letter which starts with the words: Dear Jane…
5. Which of the following is NOT something you can wear?
6. Choose the best phrase to complete this sentence: ____ is to write stories based on known facts.
7. Which underlined word in this sentence is NOT correct? If there is a relevant departure from the guidelines the auditor may refuse to accept that the accounts represent a 'true and fair view' of the financial affair of the enterprise.
8. Choose the best phrase to complete this sentence: A group of Germans said they _____ litigation against the Meyer pharmaceutical group because of respiratory problems after using a pain killer.
9. Which underlined word or phrase in this sentence is NOT correct? Given modern informatic technology, it is not necessary for the administrative part of the Civil Service, as opposed to its policy-making sections, to be located in London, within easy distance of its political master.
10. Choose the best word to complete the following: Did you read the main ____ on the front page of The Times this morning? It said “Italian Scientist Wins Nobel Prize for Physics”, and the article was all about your friend Giovanni who works at Roma Tre University.
11. Choose the best word or phrase to complete this sentence: James and Sarah ____ for 20 years but they got divorced last year.
12. Which of the following is NOT a place where you usually study?
13. Which underlined word is NOT appropriate in this context? He was involved in a minor car incident last week and has broken his leg in three places.
14. Choose the best verb form to complete this sentence: He ____ in his office when the fire alarm went off.
15. Choose the best word or phrase to complete this sentence: Japan has promised it will pay double aid to Africa ___ three years.