1. Choose the best word or phrase to complete the following: I can't work with Tony! If you ask ____ to do something, he always refuses.
2. Choose the best word to complete this sentence: The Careers Officer didn’t have ____ helpful advice to offer.
3. Choose the best phrase to complete this information from a holiday website: The Comfort Hotel, Patong: Closed from 26 December 2004 until ____.
4. Choose the best word to complete this sentence: He’s so ____ he doesn’t lift a finger, and expects everyone else at the office to run around doing all his work for him as well as their own.
5. What is the best translation of ha fatto finta in this sentence? Quando mi ha visto al convegno ha preteso una mia consulenza.
6. Choose the best verb form to complete this sentence: Only one other president in the modern era has been _______________ office during a period of economic expansion.
7. Which underlined word or phrase in this sentence is NOT correct? Many generations of my family have lived in this building since two centuries.
8. Choose the best word or phrase to complete this sentence: Most of the people in this office ____ a university degree.
9. Which word or phrase CANNOT be used to complete this sentence? I always have a ____ in the morning before I go to work.
10. Which underlined word or phrase in this sentence is NOT correct? A small tourist port called Portofino, on the north-west coast of Italy, was at the news recently.
11. Which of the following CANNOT be used to complete this sentence? I like my job but my salary is rather low - I only ____ $30,000 a year.
12. In the following sentence, which word can be used to replace that? Ara Nova is a virtual newscaster with a synthetic female voice that broadcasts news, sports and other subjects on a popular Web site.
13. Choose the correct question for this situation: You need to borrow some money from a colleague.
14. Which of the following is NOT a part of the body?
15. Choose the best verb form to complete this sentence: If I weren't a civil servant, I wouldn't mind ___ a private detective!